Myrtle Farm campsite / touring park is located in a beautiful spot on the outskirts of the village of Banwell, nestled in a convenient yet rural location facing South with panoramic views providing visitors with a relaxing and enjoyable holiday experience. Set on 3.5 acres of flat well drained land - perfect for camping - we offer large, flat pitches with electrical hook ups (gazebos and pup tents allowed, fees apply). Caravans, motorhomes, campervans, trailer tents and tents are all welcome.
NEW FOR 2020! Field 2 is now open... Field 1 (Pitches 1-11 with electric hook up & A-D X-Large non electric pitches, this field has a gravel track running through which provides direct access to most of the pitches, field 2 is a 'all grass' field with large & X-large grass electric pitches 12-21 & non electric E-P. Firepits allowed on field 2 only, pitches 12-21 and non-electric pitches.
A new (2019) purpose built shower and toilet block with underfloor heating throughout - 10 spacious wet room showers and toilets plus a separate disabled shower and toilet room. New (2019) kitchen area with washing up facilities, washing machine, tumble dryer, fridges, freezers, microwave, toasters, kettles and tourist information. We have
a secure dog exercise area.
Day visitors and their pets are allowed at an additional daily charge. We offer a freezer block hire service. Homemade apple chutney is for sale, made using our own farm grown apples. For all terms and conditions, including charges for extras, please see the terms and conditions section at the end of this page.
PITCH SIZES - FIELD ONE*
*Firepits are not allowed. Pitch sizes are as follows:
PITCHES 1, 2 and 3 (SMALL GRASS PITCH) minimum 4.5M (D) X 6M (W) - suitable for small caravans & campervans only.
PITCHES 4, 5 and 6 (MEDIUM GRASS PITCH) minimum 8M (D) X 9M (W) - suitable for caravans, motorhomes, campervans & small tents.
8a, 8b, 9a and 9b (LARGE GRASS PITCH) minimum 9M (D) X 9M (W) - with additional space in front of pitch to park, especially ideal for trailer tents & large tents.
PITCHES 10 and 11 (EXTRA LARGE GRASS PITCH) minimum 10M (D) X 15M (W)
- suitable for all.
PITCHES A to D (EXTRA LARGE NON-ELECTRIC) minimum 12M (W) X unlimited* (D) - suitable for all.
PITCH SIZES - FIELD TWO*
*Firepits are allowed. Pitch sizes are as follows:
PITCHES 12-16 & 18-21 (LARGE GRASS PITCH WITH ELECTRIC) - all are a minimum of 10m (W) X unlimited* (D)
PITCH 17 (EXTRA LARGE CORNER GRASS PITCH) minimum 10M (D) X 15M (W)
- suitable for all.
PITCHES E to P (NON-ELECTRIC) unreserved camping pitches suitable for small to large units.
Open April to October, 21 grass pitches with electric hook up plus various non-electric options. Some pitches open by arrangement November to March - please get in touch directly to discuss options.
CHECK IN / OUT TIMES
Touring Park check in time is between 12 noon to 9pm. Check out time is 10am please - unless arranged for later by prior arrangement (charged at £2 per extra hour).
- Caravans, motorhomes, campervans, trailer tents and tents are all welcome.
- Campers facilities - purpose built shower, toilet and kitchen block with underfloor heating throughout:
10 spacious wet room showers & toilets with separate disabled shower & toilet room.
Kitchen area with washing up facilities, washing machine, tumble dryer, fridges, freezers, microwave, toasters and kettles.
- Chemical waste disposal point.
- Large and small flat pitches with electrical hook up.
- We have a secure dog exercise area.
- We offer daily freezer block hire service - ready for adventures in the morning.
- Grey waste emptying point.
CAMPSITE TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Child age 2 - 12 years.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
- All damages must be paid for.
- Bookings are nominative and non-transferable.
- Guests are asked to avoid any noise or nuisance that may disturb other clients.
- In the event of a complaint, please speak to the reception immediately. Complaints which are not brought to our attention during your stay cannot be dealt with once you have left the site.
- Noise - Radio, music and TV players must be kept at a low volume. Car doors and boots must be closed quietly.
- The management reserves the right to deny access or terminate the stay of those guests whose behaviour is deemed unsuitable. No refunds will be offered.
- No refunds for inclement weather.
- The use of generators is not permitted on site.
- Please ensure you only use appropriate electrical appliances that do not exceed 16 amps to avoid damage or fire.
- Please ensure that your caravan is fitted with a fire extinguisher.
- Myrtle Farm campsite is not a rubbish dump - all visitors are required to remove all non-domestic rubbish to the local refuse centre.
- Booking, Extras & Cancellation/Refunds
- TOURING PARK - PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ADD YOUR EXTRAS, PRICE INCLUDES 2 PEOPLE, ELECTRIC & 1 CAR....EXTRA ADULTS/CHILDREN, CARS, AWNINGS, PUP TENTS, GAZEBOS & DOGS ARE CHARGED AS EXTRAS & CHARGED AS PER NIGHT, THEREFORE YOU WILL NEED TO MULTIPLY BY NUMBER OF NIGHTS, EG 1 EXTRA CHILD FOR 3 NIGHTS (£1 x 3) CHILD AGE 2-12.
- Reservations made more than 28 days before arrival date require a 50% deposit, this will be debited from your credit/debit card to confirm your booking-this is non-refundable in the case of cancellation, the remaining 50% will be debited from your card 28 days before arrival, please contact us prior should you wish to amend your payment method.
- We welcome guests family and friends at a charge of £1 per person/dog per day (irrespective of length of visit). Visitors are welcome between the hours of 10am to 8pm, outside these times only persons booked onto the site are permitted, except by special arrangement. Overnight additional visitors will be charged at £4 per adult and £2 for children (age 12 and under), £1 for dogs. Permission must be sought before and payment made on arrival of visitors - no exceptions.
- Reservations made less than 28 days before arrival are to be paid in full at the time of booking.
- The total value of ALL bookings will be charged if cancellations are made with less than 4 weeks notice.
- A motorbike can be brought instead of the car included. Please note: the car is only included in the rate if you are travelling with a touring caravan, trailer tent or tent. If you wish to bring a car along with your motorhome/campervan please select the relevant extra.
- The use of showers is free of charge.
- Daily freezer block hire - price includes deposit which you will receive back when you return the freezer blocks.
Please check the tariff page for all extras information.
- Arrivals and departures
- Admission is only permitted after registering at reception.
- Reception is open from 9am to 7pm between 01/03 & 31/10.
- Check in time is between 12 noon & 9.00pm.
- Late arrivals must notify the campsite/park as soon as possible. Your booking will be held for 24 hours. After this period the management reserves the right to relet your unit.
- Check out time is 10am please - unless arranged for later by prior arrangement (charged at £2 per extra hour).
- No refunds for late arrivals or early departures.
- Units will be allocated on arrival.
- Dogs must be supervised at all times.
- Dogs must be kept on leads at all times except in the designated dog exercise area.
- Fouling must be cleaned up immediately.
- Guide dogs are allowed on site free of charge.
- We do not accept breeds/crossbreeds listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act.
- Dogs are not allowed in the kitchen or shower/toilet block.
- Dogs must be supervised and not left alone at anytime in the dog exercise area.
- Allowed on field 2, pitches 12-21 and field 2 non-electric pitches.
- Firepits must be constantly supervised.
- Please respect surrounding guests, ensure smoke blows away from other units.
- Firepit noise is kept to a minimum.
- Firepits are afely extinguished by 10pm at the very latest or sooner if requested by neighbouring guests.
- Please take extra care, do not light anywhere near gas bottles or too close hedges or other units.
- Not allowed on field 1, pitches 1-11 and A-D.
- Group bookings - please get in touch for bookings of 2 or more units.
- No hen/stag parties permitted.
- Occupancy cannot exceed the number stated on the booking form.
- We cater for families and couples only.
- Dirty water, rubbish and any waste must be disposed of in the indicated areas.
- Please be considerate of the natural surroundings, plants and trees. It is forbidden to put nails/pegs in trees and to cut any branches.
- Please keep your pitch and the facilities tidy and clean during your stay, on departure please remove any rubbish including cigarette ends.
- The establishment is not liable for any damages to guests’ equipment.
- You must follow the management directives when pitching your unit and related equipment.
- Barbecues are permitted but must be raised off the ground and attended by an adult at all times.
- Children must be supervised by their parents at all times.
- Fire extinguishers and first aid kits are available on site.
- No rough or disturbing games are allowed at the campsite.
- Electric appliances used on site must not be faulty.
- Family and friends of guests are welcome at a charge of £1 per person/dog/car per day (irrespective of length of visit).
- Visitors are welcome between the hours of 10am to 8pm, outside these times only persons booked onto the site are permitted, except by special arrangement.
- Visitor cars should be parked on your pitch, if there is no room please get in touch or speak to Diane directly for options.
- Hosts are responsible for their guests behaviour.
- Visitors must leave the premises by 8pm.